It is important to recognise that while small group activity is a positive, such activity should not be view as the start of pre-season. No dates are planned for a return to full contact. It is also important that the individual needs of coaches, players and parents are considered and that nobody should feel pressured to return to training sessions.
Everyone must comply with the guidelines set out – most importantly – social distancing. Younger children (primary age) will find this more difficult. Our insurance requires us to ensure that we are following the latest government advice and to keep records that we are doing so. A thorough Risk Assessment should be completed before these sessions can go ahead - you can read the Club Assessment in the Governance section.
Coaches will plan and organise skills and fitness sessions. Strict hygiene measures must be in place for players, coaches and equipment.
We are currently at Stage B of the Return to Rugby Road Map. There will be NO face to face or close contact training. Strictly 6 people per session in a ‘pod’– (1 coach – 5 players) you can have 2 groups separately (or more depending on the space allocated and number of registered volunteers available) – ensuring strict social distancing is in place.
Once the RFU move to Stage C of the Road Map further guidance will be provided.
Teams have been given 1 full pitch, and we are ensuring not all pitches are in use at any one time to allow for extra space in and around the club to be made available. Equipment should be kept to a minimum. Particularly:
- Players must bring their own water bottles / hand sanitizers and remember to take home after every session.
- There must be a designated area for their own items to be placed – remember social distancing.
- Parents must also stand well back and also social distance themselves from other parents – congregating in groups is not allowed
In line with Government advice we need to ensure that those involved in any activity at RRUFC DO NOT attend any facility at any stage if in the past 14 days they:
- Have been unwell or experienced cold and flu like symptoms
- Have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19; Have experienced respiratory symptoms (even mild)
- Are considered high risk, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions; or
- Have been asked to isolate by NHS ‘Test and Trace’ or they are considered as extremely vulnerable on health grounds
All participants should:
- Wash their hands thoroughly before and after sessions (and also when returning home)
- Use hand sanitiser at intervals (N.B. Children, particularly younger ones, are not always as aware about good hygiene, so special attention should be paid to children’s hand hygiene.)
- Coaches will be provided with hand sanitizers and also wipes for their equipment. However, children are also encouraged to bring their own if possible.
Establish meeting areas and venue entry and exit procedures
All coaches will be made aware of their allocated pitches. These will stay the same until advised otherwise. If for whatever reason the pitch is unplayable, the club will advise of an alternative if possible, otherwise the session should be cancelled.
Section off any restricted areas
Teams have been given areas to train. All other areas are NOT allowed. The clubhouse, changing rooms and toilets are NOT in use.
Prepare attendance sheets for all participants attending training
All coaches should have a player register for their team. These registers MUST be completed at every session.
Ensure all participant and volunteer registration details are up to date and are registered
In line with usual practise, all players must be registered on GMS or have completed a Player/Parent Consent from. All coaches must have the appropriate qualifications and DBS checks.
Continue to comply with RFU and Safeguarding Policies & Procedures
All coaches and Volunteers will be refreshed on the policies and where to find them for future reference.
Parents/Carers must be in sight of the session in which their child is participating, whilst observing social distancing guidelines (and parents/carers must be provided with clear messaging about this i.e. that they are responsible for the supervising of their children at all times and to reinforce the guidelines for social distancing etc. themselves)
Parents should social distance themselves away from the pods. Avoid crowding and entering the training sessions. Ideally, parents should wait in their cars if they can watch their child safely. They must strictly adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
All training must be in line with current RFU Covid-19 training guidelines.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 and the current guidance from the Government and public health bodies regarding social distancing.
I further acknowledge that the measure outlined above are preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Rochdale Rugby Union Football Club cannot guarantee that I, or my child / children will not become infected with the Coronavirus /Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus / COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, coaches, other children and their families.
I am voluntarily attending these training sessions and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus / COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread whilst in attendance.
I attest that:
* I / my child(ren) am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I / my child(ren) have not travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I do not believe that I / my child(ren) have been exposed to someone with a suspected and / or confirmed case of the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
* I am following all recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold Rochdale Rugby Club harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and / or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with Coronavirus / COVID-19 and the training received at Rochdale Rugby Union Football Club.